4.5 TC – Technology Campus
The purpose of the Technology Campus Zone is to provide for appropriate locations and standards for office and research-type uses with some other light industrial uses allowed in appropriate areas.
4.5.B Principal Uses Permitted By Site Plan Approval (Commission or City Planner)
- Research centers and laboratories and similar uses whose principal activity shall be for any type of research, engineering testing, laboratory work and pilot development, devoted to design and/or experimentation, and processing and fabricating incidental thereto providing no materials or finished products shall be manufactured, processed or fabricated on said premises for sale, except such as are incidental to said research, design, or experimentation conducted on said premises.
- Computer centers and similar technology-related uses.
- Business, financial, professional or governmental offices.
- Parking garages and lots in accordance with Section 7.1 of these Regulations.
- Telecommunication facilities, subject to the requirements of Section 6.12 of these Regulations.
- Other use similar to a permitted use or uses.
4.5.C Principal Uses Permitted By Special Permit Approval & Site Plan Approval (Commission)
- Light manufacturing, fabricating, finishing, processing and assembly where such use or activities shall be confined within completely enclosed buildings with the exception of off-street parking and loading spaces.
- Warehousing and storage.
- Building equipment, merchandise, material and supply businesses.
- Public buildings, uses and facilities.
- Public utility buildings and structures.
- Railroad rights-of-way and stations.
- Mixed use building(s) that allow dwelling units in conjunction with any principal use permitted by Section 4.5.B and or 4.5.C ("live - work" opportunities) provided that dwelling units shall be limited to areas above the first floor.
4.5.D Permitted Accessory Buildings, Structures & Uses
- No accessory building or structure shall be built on any lot on which there is not a principal building.
- Any accessory buildings and uses clearly subordinate and customarily incidental to and located on the same lot with any of the foregoing uses shall be permitted in the same manner as the principal building or use.
- Eating establishments accessory to a permitted principal use.
- Garages for storage and maintenance and utility shops for the upkeep and repair of buildings and structures and service; central heating and power plants for furnishing heat and electrical energy; training schools for employees; buildings for the storage of documents, records and personal property; communication facilities to be used for company purposes only and not by the general public.
- Group day care and child day care s accessory to a permitted principal use subject to Site Plan approval and Section 6.4 of these Regulations.
4.5.E Dimensional Standards
|Technology Campus District
|Minimum Lot Area
|80,000 square feet
|Minimum Lot Width
|Minimum Lot Depth
|Minimum Front Yard Setback
|Where the required yard setback line abuts or is across from the street from any residential zone, each yard setback shall be equal to the height of the outer face wall of any building adjacent to the subject yard
|Minimum Side Yard Setback
|Minimum Rear Yard Setback
|Minimum Buffer Strip
|Unless modified by the Commission by Special Permit due to the provision of comparable screening, a landscaped strip 25 feet wide providing complete visual screening shall be provided along lot lines that abut or are across the street from any residential zone.
|Maximum Building Coverage
|Maximum Building Height
Section 8.3 of the Regulations may provide flexibility related to some of these dimensional standards.