In 2019 the Planning and Economic Development Department hosted a Brand Workshop with City of Groton staff to identify opportunities to improve City of Groton communication channels, enhance engagement and information sharing to and with community stakeholders, and establish a City of Groton brand that provides clear and consistent messaging from all departments to the public.
In 2020, after a competitive bid among 14 applicants, Miranda Creative was selected as the preferred consultant for the City of Groton. Miranda Creative and City staff are executing the following recommendations:
- Creating a unified brand presence among all departments;
- Enhancing the City of Groton and Groton Utilities digital presence;
- Creating a Citywide email database and associated communication campaigns to increase public outreach and engagement with all departments;
- Creating universal resources including digital newsletter and custom stock photography
- Developing a two year brand management plan leading up to the City of Groton’s 120th Anniversary;