The Department provides land use planning and economic development services in the City of Groton. As a borough of the Town of Groton, the City has its own land use policies and the Department administers its land use regulations while supporting the Planning and Zoning Commission and Economic Development Commission. Staff works closely with the Building and Zoning Department, which is responsible for Historic Districts, Inland Wetlands and Watercourses, variances and zoning enforcement.
Visit our Land Use Development Guide for an overview of how to receive land use permits leading up to applying for a building permit.
Specific Department content can be viewed by navigating the menu on the left of your screen for desktop users or scrolling to the bottom on mobile devices.
More specific services the Department of Planning and Economic Development provides include:
- Review of site plan, special permits, Coastal Area Management (CAM) and subdivision applications
- Preparation of grant applications
- Grant administration
- Business support & community engagement
- Marketing the City to attract new businesses
- Project management and special projects
|For planning and economic development inquires contact:|
Economic Development Specialist