Groton Utilities is happy to announce the availability of four electric vehicle chargers located in front of the City of Groton Municipal Building. These ChargePoint charging devices (two dual port pedestal mounted units) are located in the last four parking spots on the far left-hand side of the parking available in front of the building. One of the spots is specifically designated for handicapped individuals.
Groton Utilities considers it fundamentally important to participate in the electrification of America and its driving fleet. As car manufacturers turn their attention to building electric vehicles it is a paramount that more public-use electric vehicle chargers are made available in easily accessible locations.
In order to utilize the chargers, which are currently cost-free for the public, EV drivers need to download and install the ChargePoint app on their smart phones. Once installed, create an account and then have the app open once the vehicle is physically at one of the City of Groton’s Chargepoint charging stations.
- Open Chargepoint App
- Locate City of Groton Municipal Building charging station in app
- Choose Charging Station 1 or 2 (charging unit displays this information)
- Click Start Charge
- Charger will release the connector for attachment to the EV
- Once charging starts the app will display the Current Session with energy amount
- When energy amount goes to zero charging is complete
Learn more about the ChargePoint app