Due to COVID-19 pandemic, effective March 17, 2020, preventive measures implemented by the City of Groton, which includes the closure of the City Hall facility to the public, the Building Department has altered the permitting process until further notice.
To request a residential, or commercial permit application, send an email explaining your project and the complete address of said Project to: email@example.com
- Staff will review the emailed request and follow up with you via email with next steps related to your specific request.
- Building and Trade Permit applications are available for downloaded on the Building and Zoning page.
- Permit fees are paid upon submission of permit application
- Please continue to check the City of Groton website for permitting and other updates.
- Staff will be responding to email and telephone calls to address any questions or special circumstances.
- In addition, a new drop off box will be installed by the end of the week in front of City Hall to submit your permit application
Regarding one and two-family residential application submissions; the Building Department requires two (2) copies of all drawings and specifications along with the permit application and payment. Contractors are to also provide a copy of their current trade license and proof of worker’s compensation insurance
All other permit application submissions require three (3) copies of all plans and specifications along with the permit application and payment. Contractors are to also provide a copy of their current trade license and proof of worker’s compensation insurance.
Your cooperation during this uncertain and ever-changing time is greatly appreciated.