Incorporated in 1964 the City of Groton takes pride in the entrepreneurial spirit, vision, passion, and perseverance found within its borders. Throughout its history the City’s economic growth has been fueled by ambitious individuals from an array of industries. Committed to the growth and success of local business The City of Groton is being proactive in unifying economic interests. To achieve this the City of Groton’s Economic Development Commission was formed and authorized to:
- Encourage a diverse business environment
- Improve the function and appearance of the City’s commercial districts
- Emphasize the strengths of locating business in the City of Groton
- Support, promote, and celebrate the success of City businesses
Here in the Groton, CT we believe that “Supporting your Business is our Business”, thus this web page serves as a starting point for new or expanding businesses to learn about the business environment as well as available resources.
Inspiring Success through:
- TIF Districts: Thames St and Five Corners
- Enterprise Zone
- Business Soft-Cost Grant
- Town of Groton Economic Assistance Fund
Our economic development staff has gathered various resources to assist business owners in locating or expanding in the City of Groton. The following links pertain to economic development and business support available at local, regional, and states levels.
|Groton Business Resources:||Business Development Resources in Connecticut:
US Small Business Association
For additional information contact:
Economic Development Specialist