Here is some important information that you should know about recycling as well as some facts and reasons on why recycling should be a common practice amongst everyone in our community.
Please read our Recycling Guide.
- Recycling saves energy, thus reducing acid rain, global warming and air pollution.
- Recycling paper uses 60% less energy than manufacturing paper from virgin timber.
- Recycling a glass jar saves enough energy to light a bulb for 4 hours.
- Recycling metals minimizes the need for mining new minerals and decreases damages done to the wilderness.
- Recycling cuts down on landfill usage.
Five Imporatant Reasons To Recycle:
- Recycling Saves Natural Resources: By making products from recycled materials instead of virgin materials, we conserve land and reduce the need to drill for oil and dig for minerals.
- Recycling Saves Energy: It usually takes less energy to make recycled products. Recycled Aluminum, for example, takes 95% less energy than new aluminum from bauxite ore.
- Recycling Saves Clean Air and Water: In most cases, making products from recycled materials creates less air pollution and water pollution than making products from virgin materials.
- Recycling Saves Landfill Space: When the materials that you recycle go into new products, they don’t go into the landfills or incinerators, so landfill space is conserved.
- Recycling Saves Money and Creates Jobs: The recycling process creates far more jobs than landfills or incinerators, and recycling can frequently be the least expensive waste management method for cities and towns.