The City of Groton invites you to attend a ‘Fundamentals in Economic Development’ workshop to be held at the Municipal Building on November 1st from 5:30 pm. to 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers. Economic development is a critical component of any community’s strategic plan. It is important that public officials across the municipal structure understand the intricacies of the local, state and global economy, and develop a strong and successful economic development foundation for their community’s future.
To help these efforts, the Connecticut Economic Resource Center, Inc. (CERC) and the Connecticut Economic Development Association (CEDAS) will be conducting a unique municipal economic development training.
The free 2-hour workshop is geared to ALL who impact economic development, and is designed to get everyone working collaboratively. The curriculum will answer the following questions
- What is economic and community development?
- Who is responsible for economic development?
- What role does/should your “economicdevelopment team” and community play?
- How do you convince your residents andbusinesses of the importance of economicdevelopment?
- How is your municipal economy impacted by thestate, region and global economy?
Additionally, attendees will receive information about research, marketing and general economic development practices, as well as resources and tools available to achieve economic development results.